RE: Textures, Scratchboard technique

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
marianna delafield (mdelafield)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:35:08 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather Leal [SMTP:rayleal]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 8:01 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Cc: marianna delafield
Subject: Re: Textures, Scratchboard technique

Sounds like a great idea---what is the REAP dump site??? i like the sound of it.
Heather

marianna delafield wrote:

[marianna delafield] I think I have called it by the wrong name, its regional envirvonmental....? but I'm including the website for our source here Cedar Falls, IA and I have been told that this is available all over our state in the major cities. Its really great here but I imagine that it depends on who is in charge. Mr. Wilcox accumulates all these "things" Plastic, leather, wood scraps, mis-mixed paint, all kinds of stuff, Mirrors. I got enough beveled edge mirrors 12 by 18 or more to supply twenty some students.and this is all free for artists and educators.
Many of us go there on a regular basis to get stuff which we use in our classes. Last year he gave me an entire black cow-hide. (We have a tannery in town) I've used it for the spines of books, puppets, and I've barely touched it.
The web site is: http://www.cedarnet.org/bhcswmc/arts.htm
So that you have information to refer to in your own area. The web site gives a little background on where this all originated in New York. I hope anyone who is interested will look into it in there area. So many people are on limited budgets, and so much good stuff just gets wasted.
Good Luck, Marianna