Re: Remedial - painting - drawing - Elementary School

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michelle H. Harrell (mmhar)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:40:06 PST

>gregjuli wrote:
>> Did any of you stick out in your families
>> because you were the artistic one and /or maybe marched to a
different drum?
>> Mary

I think I still do a little. In fact, sometimes at school the other
teachers will affectionally say something like "you know how art
teachers are." I've come to take pride in it. Does anyone else get
that? Someone else mentioned about when they were in school and how the
teachers didn't appreciate their NOT staying in the lines. My parents
recall my kindergarten teacher saying that my fine motor skills were
poor because of not staying in the lines. I still don't stay in the
lines but it hasn't slowed me down.

Michelle H. Harrell
North Garner Middle School
Garner, North Carolina
/ \
( ) "Art is the form of the picture that has come
! ^ ^ ! into being through the nerves, heart,
^! * * ! ^ brain, and eye of man."
! \ ^ / ! -Edvard Munch
( ( 0 ) ) 1907
\ --- /