RE: Simple projects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:14:33 -0600

FYI Design Synetics prod #572 9512 $26.95, Art Synetics Prod #572 952T
$19.95 and Sculpture in Paper prod #571 7012 $29.95 all available through
Sax. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: marianna delafield [mdelafield]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 8:45 AM
To: 'Guy Brown'; artsednet.edu
Subject: RE: Simple projects

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Brown [SMTP:guyb]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 1999 11:39 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Simple projects

Fellow teacher in need of help!

I've been watching the posts on this site and I can tell that there are a
lot of knowledgable people on it in the field of art. And that is good,
since I need some help because I claim no artistic abilities!

I am a sixth grade teacher with 27 students in Washington. Not being much
of an art teacher (but an art lover) I wanted to add some art activities to
what I do. BUT, I don't have lots of money to spend on material and little
time to plan due to other commitments (masters, coaching, family, etc).

My question, then, is: are there any lessons that you could tell me about
that really only involve using scissors, glue, and paper (I have lots of
construction paper and magazines), or possibly other readiliy available
materials. Any ideas would be appreciated! Sorry if this seems redundant
over previous posts I may have missed.

Thanks! Guy in Vanc., Washington
[marianna delafield] Bless you for asking and being a classroom teacher
willing to bring art to the classroom. Does your art teacher know about
you? You're a treasure.
Theres an old book that has lots of great ideas for the materials you
mentioned, Plus lots of others, It should be available through a used book
store or something, but its really imaginative, It was/is called 100 and 1
things you can do with an alligator and other related projects, or something
like that. It was paper back, and a delight! I also love the Nickolas
Roukes books, (Design Synectics, Art Synectics Sculpture in Paper. I think
they would be a wonderful challenge to 6th grade kids. They also invite good
interdisciplinary connections. Hope you can find them. Interlibrary loan
might also be a possibility. Good luck, Marianna