RE: [Fwd: PUPT: A broader query on plastic wood]long post on paper mache

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
marianna delafield (mdelafield)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:40:33 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo [SMTP:jstenger]
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 1999 7:51 PM
To: KP RS
Cc: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: [Fwd: PUPT: A broader query on plastic wood]long post on paper mache

Thank you so much for all the information on papier mache. I love
puppets, and when I grow up (retire from teaching) I want to be a
puppeteer. I've fiddled with puppetmaking for years, and it's my favorite
unit in my curriculum.
Would you please post the address and directions for subscribing to
the list for puppeteers? Thanks.
Judy

[marianna delafield] Puppets hae always been a favorite of mine...there's so many different areas to explore, and encourages the classroom teacher and the art teacher to work together. A ssource which may be of interest to those of you who have similar interests is the Puppeteers of America (http://www.puppeteers.org/ Of special interst is their festival which is to be held the summer of 99 in Seattle. If you are anywhere close by, or can be at the time of the festival, go! It's great. You have opportunities to take classes from the really big people in puppetry, learn the ins & outs of costuming for these little folks, and lots about staging, scripts etc. Just about everything you could hope for. I have taken classes in conjunction with the past festivals for academic credit. Not only that but you'll see THE BEST in entertainment. Not just childlren's theatre, but some wonderful adult performances. They also have had an exhibit of important puppets, historically...Jim Hensen's, Frank Oz, Burr Tillstrom Bil Baird etc. Check it out.