TEEN IN NYC

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:13:06 -0600

My favorite NYC sites for touring with children are:

(1)Museum of Natural History. Everything from dinosaurs to live butterfly
exhibit. Great collection of the earth's species in simulated environment

(2)National Museum of the American Indian. (Smithsonian) Which has a
wonderful interactive exhibit for children. There are interactive tv's and
movies and drawers to pull out, boxes to open and earphones to listen to. The
permanent exhibit subjects would appeal to most boys. It is located at
Battery Park (Bottom of Wall street) in sight of, and within 3 minutes walk
from the ferry to the Statue of liberty. The weapons exhibits alone would make
most boys hair curl.
Check out the web site but it doesn't give a complete picture.

The morning's short movies and the children's gift shop and the educational
center with stuff to handle should keep them busy for hours.

http://www.si.edu/nmai/nav.htm