Dr. Atl and viewing Fantasia...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:53:41 -0800

At 7:30 PM -0600 3/14/99, S. Henneborn wrote:
>...Adding the
>Fantasia episode is a "Fantastic" idea. When I do this lesson I introduce
>volcano paintings of Mexican artist Dr. Atl. His work is so rich and
>undulates in a Van Gogh style. You can hear the lava snapping and cracking
>and the wind whirling down the mountains. The rich colors are especially
>appealing to Primaries...

Hi, great topic! Wonder 2 things:

1) Is Dr. Atl's work avaialble anywhere on the web? -and-

2) Isn't there a copyright problem with showing "Fantasia" in a classroom?
If you own the VHS video as I do, isn't that for home use only? Classrooms
would be public. I've also shown parts of "Fantasia" (for example when
presenting Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring"), but are we OK in this?
Sometimes I absolutely hate the copyright laws.

We're all in this together...

---Walter Krueger, Portland OR

  • Reply: Debbie Nicholas: "Re: Dr. Atl and viewing Fantasia..."
  • Reply: Heather Leal: "Re: Dr. Atl and viewing Fantasia..."
  • Reply: lindacharlie: "Re: Dr. Atl and viewing Fantasia..."