Dino, Jurassic, Dr.Atl, and Fantasia!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:27:43 -0600

Linda,

A few clicking minds can build a good lesson into a great lesson. Adding the
Fantasia episode is a "Fantastic" idea. When I do this lesson I introduce the
volcano paintings of Mexican artist Dr. Atl. His work is so rich and
undulates in a Van Gogh style. You can hear the lava snapping and cracking
and the wind whirling down the mountains. The rich colors are especially
appealing to Primaries. I will be taking some examples and information to NAEA
to try to interest one of the print/slide companies in reproducing his work. I
first saw his work hanging in the Modern Art Museum in Mexico City. It should
be easy to acquire all the permission needed to reproduce his work. Every
child studies volcanos at some time in their school life.

Sharon Henneborn
NJ