Re: Elementary parents

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:46:15 -0500

Stephanie Ignazio wrote:

> interesting grade 6 ideas?
> I have NO preference. I just want to keep them busy till JUNE!!!

My three 6th grades are currently involved in drawing Egyptian style
figures according to the conventional 18 1/2 units tall. I showed them a
poster I got from the Detroit Inst. of Arts of an Egyptian wall painting
which clearly shows the grid used by the ancient artists and gave them a
handout of an Egyptian figure blocked out on the grid. They have a
choice of working in groups of 2 or 3 on an almost life size painting or
individually on a small section of what will become a scrolled "Book of
the Dead." These works will be part of our Egyptian "Valley of the
Kings" for the art show in April. They are really into it. If you'd like
more details about this stuff, just ask :)
Linda 4" deep in Michigan spring