RE: monoprints

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:26:38 -0600

FYI, Depending on the result desired and the sophistication of the students,
most waterbased paints will work to some degree. A lot of our customers
like the Createx Monoprint Colors and I can attest to the good results with
this product. FYI, They are found on p. 303 in the Sax catalog along with a
book on Monotype that is really good. Hope this helps. Judy Nagel BTW,
try letting the paint dry and then wet the paper you will print on for a
different kind of monoprint.

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Bowen [bbowen.ok.us]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 8:43 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: monoprints

I'll be teaching an evening 8 wk monoprint class soon, and am wondering if
any of you have tried the Crizmac monoprint inks. I've always used regular
relief/etching in myself, and with easywipe added it gives about four hours
of open time. Or, with the plate sanded, watercolor is fine too.
But...I thought I might use this opportunity to test Crizmac in case I ever
have the chance to to monoprint in a regular classroom setting. But if y'all
say they're awful, I won't. I suspect they are simple water base paints with
a retardant. Comments? suggestions?

Also, anybody have a clever idea for what I can call the class? Nobody knows
what monoprints are here.

Betty

  • Reply: Sue Stewart: "Re: RE: monoprints"