Re: Chuck Close

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 22:09:35 -0600

--------------729C9446264E91D5BC28E0BE

With my middle schoolers we draw huge self portraits by looking into mirrors
that I have. Students draw themselves with pencil. Next they design their
whole face by using their own fingerprints. They use stamp pads (the kind for
rubber stamps) and dip only ONE finger onto the pad and then on the drawing.
We discuss contrast and where shadows should be on the face. The student can
either stamp their fingers using small finger print circles or actually smear
the ink onto their face drawings. We do have stained fingers for a day or so
though.

BaaaRamU wrote:

> Has anybody ever done a lesson using Chuck Close on the elementary level? I
> recently purchased the book Chuck Close Up Close and would love to share it
> with the kids, but am not sure how to integrate it into a lesson. Something
> that would be simple enough for elementary, maybe upper grades.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Holly

--------------729C9446264E91D5BC28E0BE

begin: vcard