Re: no elem. art experiences....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 23:03:24 -0500

Well My experience(although limiting) is similar when it comes to
getting participation from teachers. I would also suggest a few
books- can't remember exact titles but- What your 2nd grader should
know (etc.)
they have it for each grade. It will cover basically the themes and
subject matter they should be covering. I know each state is
different. Another book is the cultural literacy encyclopedia- this
also covers art. I've found similar books in specialty children's
bookstores and some in Borders. Just a thought for those who want to
integrate more but don't have the cooperation of their fellow
teachers.
Sandra

> freckles spots wrote:
> >
> > ...ideas on HOW to coordinate with the classroom teachers
> I think part of the problem
> is classroom teachers can't/don't think very far outside the box and
> have trouble envisioning what we could possibly do for them.
> So, what I have done is coordinate my lesson planning with >their basic
> curriculum and cover ideas/concepts/subject matter that I know they will
> be covering.
> Linda in Michigan
Sandra Barrick

astroboy