Re: promoting art class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:55:35 -0600

HI Ann,
We run into the same problem every year! I hate to see such a pull on the
kids at middle school. I'd like to think they could do both. But sometimed
that just isn't the reality and our music dept. doesn't play fair. To help
your advance class, promote possible field trips. Our Honors Class is taking
a total of 3 trips this year and they all had a hands on part to them. The
kids LOVE getting away from the school for the day.
Although our kids grumble about the sketch assignmments, they truly seem to
love the higher level art assignmnets and greater artistic freedom in this
class.
Good Luck. I wish I had the perfect answer. I know we do the best we can given
the circumstances we are given.

MaryB