Re: Yes! Criticism in the artroom.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 00:20:59 -0500

I agree with that but I feel people are misinterpreting what I am saying
over the language that I am using. I do point out shapes lines "art
terms in people's work. I also have kids do the same. Mine is not
formalized College Type Critiqing which is what many of these people are
doing. I happen to disagree.I'm saying give the kids the skills and
teach them how to verbalize what they are feeling and seeing.It just
seems to "FACTORY" oriented.Machine like.It's like # 598 of a Warhol
print.
Screw it I'm going to listen to Art Pepper and drop out for awhile.

Sandra