Re: criticism in the artroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:24:18 -0500

I didn't have a bad time in college. I didn't mean to imply that i did.
The instructor did lead the discussion.I was one of the fortunate ones I
suppose but others were not. It sometimes appeared to discourage or
inhibit their natural growth. Especially if they were elective students
in a class with people who were majoring in it. I still wouldn't do it
in a college format. I am very familiar with DBAE and I do like the
scanning process. However I do not like the term "Aesthetic value", I
put it in my lessons but don't necessarily use the term. Depends on the
age.I do agree with you about understanding and discussing Artwork.
Sometimes terms that are used seem very pretentious(sp)to me. I think we
are aiming for the same goal.

Thanks for the interpretation but I don't feel I have to explain or
justify what I do or how I paint.I have read quite a bit about Art and
times but I'm not interested in finding out what "it" means
and self explanation. Luckily I guess I've always had pretty good
response to my work and if I had a web sight I'd let you see it.(still
waiting for my husband to set it up).

Are you an Artist as well?
Sandra
(I know I can't spell so ignore all mis-spellings)

I thought you'd pick up on the "it"