Re: Latin American Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 01:01:14 -0500

Another idea:

A group project:

Of course murals are good but also making large festival people are fun.

Lesson:

have kids break up into groups and sketch out ideas for a festival
parade. There are many books which have pictures of festivals (FIESTAS)
Limit your themes to ie- Mexican Artists or Famous Spanish People etc
Do have books or pictures of the people you would like included.
Make sure the criteria includes: characatures of the people. Head hands
and feet.Elaborate these features.Must be able to hold figure or wear
it.One figure per group.

example: Have a sample there to show.Perhaps a FRIEDA KHALO person.

When they have decided what they will make. They will be making it out
of paper mache'.Flour and water. You can use boxes to get the form
started. They can include a pole to hold figure or wear it.

After project is done,give the school a parade or hang in room.