Re: Latin American Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:47:50 -0500

I was going through old mail cleaning it out when I read your post.
My great grandmother alwys had these bird pictures she brought here when
she came from Mexico.I have them now.

Anyway here goes.
Black piece of construction paper 4"x8"
feathers
glue
paint-tempera is fine
smallbrush or stick

Lesson:
pass out paper,have kids choose feathers and arrange on paper in th
shape of a bird.Glue down. Next pass out small bowls of tempera and
have them add lines to the feathers to make the features.ie-beak,feet,
eyes etc. They can add a branch or two.

While drying have kids make a frame. Chipboard or other hard board but
easy to cut with scissors. cut out a frame. add to the frame triangles
or other shapes which are also cut board and glued and paint all one
color. Mat to paper and hang.

Sandra