Re: Filing System

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stubby4B (Stubby4B)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:02:40 EST

In a message dated 98-03-29 09:03:23 EST, JUDIEJ48 writes:

> Help!!! Does anyone have a system that works for filing these messages and
> the information that comes across this listserv? I find myself buried in
> papers, ideas and information that I print and am having trouble
processing
> all of this information. Perhaps I should be more selective, but there is
> lot of good "stuff" here!

Well, for all of you on AOL, this is what I do:
I cut and paste things I like into an empty letter, without an address or
subject. I then save the letter with a name like "drawing", "batik",
"papermkg", etc. I save all of these in a directory called "artstuff". When
I find MORE stuff about drawing or clay or whatever, I just re-open the old
file, tack it on the bottom, and re-save it.

Hope that helps.

Duffy, who, BTW, lives in Norwalk, CT