Re: batik help needed

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
vala vinogradoff (vala)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:18:36 +0930

Why don't you use wax crayons with hand towel paper.
Draw basic pattern on paper, then dip it into dye. Absorb dye with newspaper,
let it dry, then add any other pattern, repeat etc. Iron it out between
newsprint or newspaper.
I have used this as an introduction to batic, designing wrapping paper. It is
not messy and enables students to achieve success without much mess. It is
also easier for students who may have difficulty with manipulative skills to
grasp thick crayons.

--
Vala Vinogradoff
Manager:Equity & Visual Arts Programs