Re: The importance of the arts to learning......more

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
bob carl (bcarl28)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:40:04 -0500

AS Earth Day, April 22, approaches let us not forget those three R's as
well. They are reduce, reuse and recycle. No better place can this be
practicing
from is the "art room". Due to limited budgets we have always had to make
due
with what we had and practice rigid recycling, reusing and reduction.

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:45:47 +0200 Collier Family <atla>
writes:
>Hi,
>To add to my earlier posting.....
>I asked a friend who used to teach (not art) and is now a potter, what
>she viewed as the importance of the arts and education. Her answer
>was;
>Besides reading, writing and 'rithmatic, all of what we are as people
>is
>based on the arts.
>
>I thought a bit about what she said as I felt that it was a sweeping
>statement. I realised she was quite right in her perception. What we
>learn in the three R's, is what we can do. What we learn in the arts
>is
>HOW we live our lives.
>
>Tracey

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]