Re: book illustrations

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kirby McDowell (kirby140)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:09:30 -0500

last week a librarian where i teach took a book on michelangelo
off the shelf, because it contained nudity (sistine chapel murals)
when we tried to explain the need and value of such a book, she
said her "christian values" forbade such pictures. we told her
that these paintings are on public display in a catholic church,
but she didn't seem to care about anything but her "bible thumping
attitude".... pea brained in the mid-west.
Any suggestions from you all out there ???

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 07:50:33 -0700 Ruth Wilson <RWilson>
writes:
>What do you do with pictures in books that are not appropriate for
>elementary age children to see but you still want them to use the
>book?
>Many art history books seem to get put away because of this. Ruth

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]