Re: disabilities and artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:23:46 -0500

Heth wrote:
> until the world can see people instead of disabilities. mlh

Heth--

Great post--As parent of a disabled child, I'm right there with you
asking people to see through the disability to the girl inside.

It's a difficlt thing for people to do however, it takes time and
patience, and familiarity with each individual encountered. Almost all
our impressions are based on what we see with our eyes-and with our
eyes, the first impression is always on the surface of things.

Best wishes,
Joseph