Re: grades w/o judgement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lauretta A. Hendricks-Backus (lhb.edu)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:29:58 -0600

Here in Kansas, We Grade with "S" satisfactory,"I" improvement shown and
"N" needs improvement, On these points, Learns basic art concept, Fine
motor skill development, Responsible use of materials, Level of effort and
Exercises self-control. There is no subjective judgement of beauty or
quality of a work. Yet this grading is incentive and backup for
appropriate behavior in the art room.

Retta