Re: Gauguin Review,Book & Nechita

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:42:27 -0500

Maybe what would help would be, cutting out a window out of construction
paper. or a rectile frame and putting a single flower inside which would
fill the whole space. I don't have a tablet yet or I would have added
illustrations. This is why demonstrating the process and having samples
to show but not displayed so they don't look like yours is of value.
I never had a problem with the "girls" doing it in this project because
I was specific with the criteria. They all followed and it came out
wonderful.I have had them "beautify" their pictures before though
You kind of have to let them be how they are sometimes. When we are
doing an Artist and learning a process I do try to stipulate the points
I want them to do. I find especially girls from k-4th are more likely
flower power than any other age but with enough experimentation they
usually expand. We all can't be "Nechita"....

Sandra
On the Flowers,plus a book
P.S. I like to have "Planting a Rainbow" around for the Younger kids.
It's a great book for flowers and colors. For some of the younger ones I
have had them copied in black and white as samples for how I want the
flowers to be and also the books of Stencils for 1$ they have all
kinds I think by Dover about 3"x4" paper. I know they have flowers
and there is about a dozen a book that you can tear out.

Two Artists that are especially good for girls (and boys) are
Alexandra Nechita ( I believe she's 15 now,sort of abstract
expressionist and picasso like)and Bev Doolittle ( camophlage (sp)
painter)