Re: multi cultural videos

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:38:56 -0600

JUDIEJ48 wrote:

> About 16 years ago when I taught in an elementary school, Fulton County, in
> Atlanta, GA, there was in our county film library a film about art from the
> Japanese culture. It was called "National Treasures of Japan" or something
> like that. Areas that were covered were women dying indigo fabric in a river,
> bronze pourings of large bells, pottery, and a couple of other arts that I
> can't remember. I've tried to relocate the film, but apparently it has
> disappeared into the ancient world of film. These must exist somewhere maybe
> in a film library
> index. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Judie J
> Atlanta

There is an exquisite set of videos and books, produced by Kikkoman (I
think) and distributed around the country by soroptimist clubs about
5-10 years ago. I know that the Derby (KS) and Wichita Public Libraries
each have a set. There are about six of them--papermaking, pottery
lacquerware, weaving, fabric printing and something else I think.
Beautifully made--you will be amazed at the craftsmanship.
Marcia Scurfield, Derby, KS