RE: arists with disabilities/C.Close's injury FYI

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:31:56 -0500

Hi Bill, et al-According to Scholastic Art, Feb. 1995, this is accurate.
"....at the end of 1988, the artist was hospitalized due to the sudden
collapse of a spinal artery. Since that time he has been in a wheelchair
and paralyzed from the neck down." It shows a picture of him in "Big
Joe", a forklift he raises and lowers in front of his giant paintings.
Knew I had seen this somewhere, so I finally looked it up. Linda in NC