RE: Change of topic-what kinda artist are you?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:41:54 -0500

Hi Christine-how exciting to "know" a published artist! I am more of a
painter, mixed media person, although I sometimes design little
mini-collages as jewelry and would like to do more of it. I am least
comfortable with the potter's wheel in my classroom. My kids have been
bugging me for a year and I finally gave in. I freely admitted that I
could tell them what to do better than I could show them. I did attempt
to show them the techniques, but freely admitted that I am not a potter.
They have gone to town, dealt with the frustration, encouraged each
other, and practiced till they got it-basically taught themselves!
Altho' I was embarrassed at my own inadequacies, I'm not sure this has
been a bad thing. They have achieved that satisfaction of doing
something on one's own. Now I am determined to take yet another class
this summer to improve my skills. Linda in NC