Re: multi cultural videos

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:22:30 -0500

There is a series aired on our educational cable station called "World of
Art: Works in Progress". One of the 30 minute shows is about Judy Baca.
She lives in LA and might be referred to as Hispanic, but she calls herself
a border person ie. both American and Mexican. She is a muralist and an
educator. This video depicts not only the working life of an outstanding
artist, but speaks to the importance of a "cultural voice" and shows how
she has achieved that voice.