Re: need thoughts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:49:25 -0500

I too make name plates although not laminated ones."how lucky"
but mine are Calligraphy names and then mounted on Bookmaking paper or
solid.The kids get a kick and it looks professional.We also sometimes do
"Art Openings" With the kids ie 3-4th graders passing out cheese
crackers and Juice. They wear black pants and white shirts. They get a
kick out of it. I also put up aBrief discription about the work (because
sometimes it is a group project) and grade class students and any
volunteers that helped. during school we have an unveiling and we have
classes grouped together for that.At night the parents come. Generally a
Friday. It's very well received by Parents.I think they would like more
Art in The Schools. My son's was a private school who could not afford
an Art Teacher so I volunteered.I brought in Art Lit to the School but
also did special cultural and Holiday projects throughout year.

Sandra