Re: Summer Art Programs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kenney5
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:04:28 +0000

Robben1713 wrote:

> I just got a job teaching sculpture in a summer program. I am very
> excited......
> half hour long classes,....grades 1-2, 3-5 and 6-9.
> I have some ideas for projects using plaster craft and wood..
> Does anyone have any project ideas or tips?
> Jessica

The project that I have tried was very sucessful.
2 chenile wires per student sculptor
hold together as one. bend to the proportions of a7.
keep holding together, between thumb and forfinger hold at the bend (in
the 7). twist there into a key
size loop.This is to be a figure. Twist neck ,waist hip, bend knees,
elbows feet...dip in plaster after fashioning a pose that can support
it'self. have fun
After the artist Giocometti. Check his proportions,poses. ACTION
FIGURESby Joan Kenney