Re: Medieval art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ann Wilschke (awilschk.us)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:37:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi, we do a medieval unit at Middle school. Some of the things I have
done is introduce the concept of manuscript illuminations and then create
intricate capital letters. I have my 7th graders see some of the Cathedral
video (David Macauley sp). Then we make gargoyles from clay. You could
have them do stained glass with black paper and tissue of celephane. We
also have made cardboard model castles. Hopefully, you could make some of
these activities work at your level. ANN W.