Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:57:57 -0800
From: Candy Borland <CBorland>
Subject: We need your feedback on ArtsEdNet Talk
Hi, My name is Candy Borland and I manage the ArtsEdNet
project for the Getty Education Institute. We are doing some
assessment on the impact of ArtsEdNet and need your help.
If you could possibly find the time in the near future would
you please give us some feedback on how much you use
ArtsEdNet and what you like and don't like. All you need to
do is fill out the survey below and send it right back to me.
As a little thank you for your help we'll send you a wonderful,
red ArtsEdNet mouse pad, pen and pin if you do the
* answer at least 12 of the questions below AND
* get your completed survey back to us by noon on Monday,
* give us your mailing address
Just E-Mail your completed survey back to me at
FAX it to me at: 310-440-7704.
For those of you who can't respond by 3/23 all of us on the
ArtsEdNet team would still love to hear from you and to
include you in our results.
Many thanks for all your help.
ARTSEDNET Survey Questions
*****About ArtsEdNet Talk*****
1. How long have you subscribed to ArtsEdNet Talk
(ArtsEdNet Talk is this e-mail discussion group/listserver)?
* Less than 1 month
* 1-6 months
* 6-12 months
* 1-2 years
* over 2 years (over 2 yrs)
2. Which version of ArtsEdNet Talk do you use?
* the Regular version (these days you are getting 20-30
messages per day from ArtsEdNet Talk)
* the Digest Version (you get 2 to 3 e-mails a day with many
messages in each)(Digest)
3. Why do you prefer the version you are getting?(Easier to Manage)
4. What do you find most valuable about participating in
ArtsEdNet Talk?(the randomness of information and ability to ask so many
people the same question)
5. What do you find least valuable about participating? (Tediously long
posts--after all--email was supposed to be quick communication!!!)
6. Did you read the messages relating to one or more of our
special programs (including those on Sandy Skoglund, Jesus
Moroles, John Biggers, Multicultural arts education, Art and
Ecology, Inquiry-based and thematic teaching)? (Sandy Skoglund--used alot
of the Skoglund lesson material with my level 1 students)
* Yes. If yes what did you like about the programs you read? (various
spins on the same topic)
7. Have you ever used the ArtsEdNet Talk archive on the
ArtsEdNet Web site? (no)
* Yes. If yes, why?
* No. If no, why not? (I haven't had time)
****About the ArtsEdNet Web Site****
8. How often do you visit the ArtsEdNet Web site
* several times a week
* about once a week
* several times a month (several times a month)
* about once a month
* one or two times a quarter
* less than once a quarter but I have visited the ArtsEdNet
Web site at least once in my life
* I have never visited the ArtsEdNet Web site.
*** If you have never visited the ArtsEdNet Web site, why
9. Which of the following special ArtsEdNet features have
you looked at on the ArtsEdNet Web site?
* Sandy Skoglund (yes)
* Jesus Moroles (yes)
* Celebrating Pluralism
* Art and Ecology (yes)
* John Biggers (yes)
* Trajan's Forum (yes, facinating)
* Making Architecture: The Getty Center from Concept
* Wave Your Banner Project
* Kids Framing Kids
10. In what way is ArtsEdNet most useful for you? (Information,
communication and just plain support)
11. What do you think are the most important things we
should do to improve ArtsEdNet? (I would like more features on someone like
Nam June Paik or another multimedia or video artist)
12. Do you think we should have a special version of
ArtsEdNet for students and, if so, what should we do to the
current ArtsEdNet to make it work better for your students (Yes, this is a
great idea--the content could be linked to lessons on the teacher web site)
13. Please, please give us one or more anecdotes of how
you have used ArtsEdNet Talk or the ArtsEdNet Web site in
your professional life.
(I have used quotes from teachers on the listserve and lots of the
information, I have done the Sandy Skoglund lessons with my Art 1 students,
used images from the site to print out as examples, used the site for my
advanced students to view and research Art and Ecology images and info.)
**** Some Information about You*****
14. My primary association with arts education is:
* K-12 Teacher, * what grade(s) and subject(s) do you
* Art specialist (9-12 grades, art 1-4, digital art, AP)
* Curriculum specialist
* Other K-12 School Administrator
* School Board Member
* University faculty * what subjects do you teach?
* Artist (Yes)
* Other, please describe: (art instructor for Coastline Community College)
15. Optional - so we can contact you if we would like to
quote you and so we can send you your thank you gifts for
responding by 3/23.
* Your name: Teri Brudnak
* Your e-mail address: tbrudnak.ca.us