Re: Toulouse on personal attacks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Katherine Giltinan (k.giltinan)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:39:05 -0600

MaryJane wrote:
>When I read a post written in condescending or rude tones, I immediately
>sympathize with the poor students that have to deal with an art teacher like
>this every day. What kind of impression are they getting of the arts and
>freedom to be creative and expressive? I love this listserv and have gained
>much from it, but one of the saddest things I have learned is that apparently
>not every art teacher out there is good for kids.

THANK YOU for succinctly expressing my feelings!

I haven't posted for weeks, primarily because of the roasting I got over my
opinion of artists/art workers to include for k-12 study. OUCH!! It still
stings.

Disagreement is healthy and vital. But, just because we disagree doesn't,
necessarily, mean one of us is wrong!