Re: Penn and Teller and Hockney video

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra L Miller (sandy)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 05:28:27 -0500

--------------B86EF73B3C6B7D3AE46171D1

I used this series with Penn and Teller for 7th graders several years ago and the
students loved it! Perspective is a difficult lesson to teach at this grade
level so this video helped them have a better understanding.

I also showed Hockney to the 7th graders. In my opinion, if you show this to 5th
graders, only show parts of it. Why are most videos of artists less than
exciting? Where is creativity when it comes to making these videos....are art
teachers even involved in the process of putting the info. together?

Students today are so used to being entertained and many videos are slow and
drab. In most cases I have to prep the students big time before showing any
videos, especially at the Middle School level.
sandy