Green hair freedom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
James Steele Foerch (alrai)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:27:50 -0500

> From: wendy sauls <wsauls>
> i am a 32 year old middle school art teacher
> (10 years exp.) working in a
> college town. a month ago i dyed the bangs of
> my hair bright green. i
> wanted to do something different and fun, but
> not outrageous or painful.
> green is my favorite color, and a good one for
> spring, too! i knew i
> would be certainly noticed at first, but
> honestly didn't think it would be
> a huge deal.

Dear Ms Sauls,
We teachers and schools are not about
freedom and personal expression here in the
USofA. In direct proportion to the number of
"less advantaged" students in our classes we are
the instruments of socialization into a world
class workforce. That's what the taxpayers are
paying for and those of us who can't stand it
should find other positions. I sing
revolutionary Woody Guthrie songs on my banjo,
but not in the classroom. There I help the
parents' kids get smarter by learning. That's
all and that's it.
Sorry to be so brusque, but educators need
to be honest, not nice.
Jim Foerch
Math/science dept.
Pine Creative Arts Academy