Re: making kids feel welcome

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:01:15 +0000

> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:27:05 -0700
> From: Ruth Wilson <RWilson>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: making kids feel welcome

Ruth,
In my school, we have a Newcomer's Club. It is there for any student
who is new to the school, regardless of language. The new student is
paired with someone special, (usually a peer helper) in their own grade level,
who eats lunch with them, attends many of the same classes and generally
shows the new students 'the ropes. There is also a school-wide
newcomer's lunch at some point.

-Alix Peshette'