Re: artsednet-digest V2 #666

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:08:40 -0500

Why? Keith Hering worked with kids especially when doing Murals. If this
could be approached to the schoolboard in a mature matter I don't see
what harm it could do.If they want to go into his lifestyle what better
way to educate kids on safe sex. There isn't even a reason for that.
Have a sample Handout made which would have a brief History of the
Artist.A litttle background.Perhaps his Birthplace and where he grew up
(I think PA but I could be wrong.) His influences in Art and moving to
NY.School there and how he became so well known. Surely as one of the
most contemporary Artist of our time how could that do harm.
Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Keith did a lot of good in marketing the awareness of Aids.However if
the parents don't want their schools to teach that there are ways around
it.

One thing I always include is a handout. Which has a brief history about
the Artist and the lesson they learned that day. The handout is for
everystudent to bring home. Sometimes I'd leave it with the Teacher to
hand out.I'd always go over it with the students and I'd have apart of
the Art BUlletin board set aside for the Artist along with samples of
their work.
Hope this Helps,
Sandra