Re: grading advanced kids

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:48:36 -0500 (EST)

I also would like to continue to get input with the advanced class
grading. I find that the most difficult. The ARt I and II are much easier
as I have set projects. However, in all classes and in our art classes at
our school, we give participation grades so we daily keep a record of how
the student is doing. That helps. I still try some assignments for all but
try to do three projects a nine weeks. I'm just wondering if that is
enough. Perhaps we can get a dialogue going and help each other. Now I am
doing my grades on the cmputer and had problems with damaged files and
it's Sunday and I'm starting over. I have four classes up to date and am
working on the last two now on paper while going over email messages.
This year I have ARt II and Art IV together and this has been even harder.
With my mom in the hospital this nine weeks, too, I have been lax with
checking sketchbooks. It's been enough to stay current with everything
else. I do have a lot of evaluation sheets and would happily mail them out
if you wish. Fran in Pittsburgh