Re: Portfolios and Displaying Work

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:36:55 -0500

This is a great idea. We used it when I taught in a Museum. I started
doing it when I taught in school. This is what we did as the first
lesson of the year. We made our own portfolios.Then during the year they
could take stuff home but if they didn't or you wanted to save to show
then we'd keep it in the folder.At the end of the year I'd send it home.
Also the kids became responsible for writing their own name and date on
the back of their work.

The other thing I did last year was Jennifer Bartlett.
I only had 120 students k-7th. At the end of the year we did three
murals, I had 2 kindergarten classes do a mural,1st and 2nd and
3rd-7th do a mural.Everyone was able to display because Bartlett
works on 12"x!12" masonite and displays them 1/2" apart. It was
wonderful to go down the Halls and see these massive murals. They were
abstract and it brought the kids close in working as a team.
It's also a good way to display evryone's work.

Sandra