Re: displaying artwork

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Markowich (mikema89)
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:19:29 -0500

Ruth Wilson wrote:

> Just wondering how you feel about displaying art on the walls of an
> elementary school. Should only the best be displayed or should every
> child's piece every lesson be displayed? How do you send art home? My
> kids want to take their work home right away but most stuff it in their
> backpack and it comes out crumpled and torn. Thanks for your opinions.
> Ruth
Ruth, I try to display as much work as possible. It is difficult when we
work with hundreds of children. I try to include something from each
child during the semester. However, only the best work gets into the
annual art show. The students are permitted to take home their work at
the end of the semester. All work is returned to them. Nancy