Fwd: Chicago/Wright

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Laurann65 (Laurann65)
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 00:03:16 EST

--part0_890456596_boundary

I live in Oak Park (IL) if I can be of any help to those interested in the
Wright stuff.
:) Laura Allan

In a message dated 98-03-20 13:43:45 EST, EVasso writes:

<< Subj: Chicago/Wright
Date: 98-03-20 13:43:45 EST
From: EVasso (EVasso)
Sender: owner-newartsednet.edu
To: artsednet.edu

Marcia Scurfield asks:
<<I didn't get in on the Frank
Lloyd Wright trip. Does anyone know of any other tours to see his
architecture?>>

Marcia,
The Wright studio is in Oak Park, about a 15 minute cab ride west of the
Hilton. More than a dozen homes designed by Wright are in a historic district
around the studio. Maps are available at the studio so you can do-it-
yourself!
The Wright designed Robie House is in Hyde Park, 15 minutes south of the
Hilton by cab, near the University of Chicago, a wonderful Gothic campus.
More information is available from the Chicago Architecture Foundation, which
is a half dozen blocks north of the hotel on Michigan Avenue. I'm sure
information will be available at the Hilton. Chicago is a wonderful place for
artists and its a great to know you all are coming. If you have half as good
time here as I had at the convention in New Orleans, you'll be doing well.
-Fred
Chicago >>

--part0_890456596_boundary

Lloyd Wright trip. Does anyone know of any other tours to see his
architecture?>>

Marcia,
The Wright studio is in Oak Park, about a 15 minute cab ride west of the
Hilton. More than a dozen homes designed by Wright are in a historic district
around the studio. Maps are available at the studio so you can do-it-yourself!
The Wright designed Robie House is in Hyde Park, 15 minutes south of the
Hilton by cab, near the University of Chicago, a wonderful Gothic campus.
More information is available from the Chicago Architecture Foundation, which
is a half dozen blocks north of the hotel on Michigan Avenue. I'm sure
information will be available at the Hilton. Chicago is a wonderful place for
artists and its a great to know you all are coming. If you have half as good a