RE: papercasting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:01:57 -0500

Marlyn-thanks for the information. I tried something similar last year.
Students made masks from clay which we used as molds, but I also wanted
them to learn about plaster casting, so we made some extra masks, then
cast them in plaster of Paris(before firing), then used the plaster
casts as molds for the paper. I think the bisqueware castings came out
better, but at least they had the experience with plaster. We then took
all the papercast faces and made extra pulp with which to attach them to
each other in a relief sculpture about 4'x4'. We also experimented with
dryer lint, flower petals, foil pieces, etc.
Linda