Re: Recycling Paper

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:40:16 -0500

On this topic try natural material such as twigs, leaves anything
collected on a nature walk. I've done this project with preschoolers
and gradeschoolers and then we would print over it or do casting.
I also used screens to do paper making anyone else?
To do the molding we would wrap it around an object after pressing out
water and continue drying over the object. I'd also hae them do collage
with the different kinds of paper made. One can also bleach out paper
or add color to with foodcolor or liquid paint whatever your desire
It is alot of fun experimenting.

On the topic of printing:nothing elaborate when doing paper making.
Something pre schoolers and kindergarteners can do easily is to print
with meat trays. You can get them from the butcher in the grocery store
before use. Have them draw on the tray with pen then roll ink or paint
over put paper on top and press all over with hand pull off carefully
and they have a print on the paper they made.

Thanks for listening,
Sandra