Re: Cattle markers as art tools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:29:29 -0500

They have a long life span. The fronts I made were done in 84 or 85
It has held up well. I used it on chip board which I scored on the back
and could then fold and stand up. It dries fairly quickly. I still have
a few from that era and I could peel the skin and work today with it.
It's good to know someone else has explored other possibilities too.
Speaking of fun things. Have you tried duo-shade. This is a bristol
board which has been treated with 2 kinds of screen which when used with
a liquid developer will develop that screen. so instead of having to cut
screen (zipatone etc.) all you do is develop it. I've used
rapidographsschminke aerocolor pencil on the board to. In case anyone is
curious Harpers Bazzar (SP) used it in the 40's for their adds.
All for now. Try Coldsnows Art Supplies Kc MO Ask for Mike Cawthon or
Tim Higgins.

Sandra