Re: clay mirrors and weaving frames

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Delaney (edelaney)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:53:11 -0500

We made asymmetrical frames that were textures and had appliques pieces on
them. They students put holes on the top and bottom of the frame near the
inside and then they did a weaving with this clay frame. I fired them to
stoneware and then they stained them. They looked very good when finished.
Yes they started to warp but I kept checking them. I fired them standing
up and leaning against each other. Someone told me that this reduced
warping when firing large tiles. It worked. enola from Indiana