Re: To Nancy Markowich regarding a 6th grade painting lesson.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Markowich (mikema89)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:44:40 -0500

Pamela W. Lackey wrote:

> I used to do a lesson using Georgia O'Keeffe flower paintings. They
> drew from a plastic flower first. Then blow up close and draw. Paint
> with Tempera using complementary colors. Show how to mix complements to
> darken and dull colors. Use complements in shadows and background.
> Also start with the darkest color and use this color to outline entire
> flower. Paint up to the outline but don't cover. Very effective and
> easy to succeed technique for that age group.
Daer Pam, Thanks for your suggestion of Georgia O'Keefe. I like to do
the enlarged flowers with sketcho's. They are oil crayons and blend
easily. Unfortunately, its difficult to find refills for black and
white's. Sukara stopped carrying them. NAncy