Re: Last Minute Weaving Tips

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lynda Brothers Matthew (brosart)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:42:01 -0800

>From: Lynda Brothers Matthew <brosart>
>Subject: Re: Last Minute Weaving Tips
>
>hi Melissa,
>What kind of weaving are you going to be doing? I have been teaching
weaving for 25 years to both adults and children. 4th and 5th graders are
able to understand how to put in squares, triangles and then circles
(maybe, some of them can...) and then learn how to design their own
tapestry with the shapes that they know how to weave. Also learning how to
weave textures is important, rya, soumak, etc. If you have any questions,
please don't hesitate to ask..

>And to everyone else, thanks so much for all of your help. The class on
wire sculpture was great and no eyes were poked out as I had feared. The
teachers loved it! They all have great mobiles in their classrooms.