RE: high school art textbooks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:54:31 -0500

Theresa-the State of North Carolina has several choices of adopted texts
for art. In my district the high school teachers chose Art in Focus of
Art I, Arttalk for higher levels, and Discovering Art History. We also
have some specialty books: Exploring Painting, Foundations of Graphic
Design, Photographic Eye, Claywork and Creating and Understanding
Drawings. If you would like additional info. (publishers, etc.) let me
know and I will send to you. I do not use the books routinely, but have
found them very useful for kids to do research or learn on their own
(upper level independent study). I also often use them to introduce a
subject, such as clay, to have students find artists who used the same
subject matter, techniques, etc. that they are using, or even to give my
sometimes stagnant old brain some stimulation. If I can help further,
let me know. Linda