Multicultural Arts: politically incorrect? Re: Summary: how to

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Adrienne Silver (adrienne_silver)
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 07:51:56 PST

Tina wrote:
>I talked to my colleagues at school and they actually really
>liked the ideas and were impressed by the delicacy and variety
>of the papercuts after they visited that site
>(www.sci-net.net/artsofchina). It looks like this will be
>the first time for a Chinese craft to get so much milage.

Tina, I visited the site you mentioned and I think it's wonderful.

California is starting to pass PC literature requirement. Is art
education going to be invovled in this trend too? If so, what Tina is
into might be very useful in the future.

Getting philosophical, I personally think arts education has to be
multicultural, which seems to be lacking in our education system (name
one famous Oriental painter or potter.) What do you think? Should we
incorporate more world art into our curriculum?