Re: Grant resources for art...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John M. Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:36:59 -0500

I just cannot stop talking. First look up on this Web "Getty Grants"
I know I've seen it somewhere. Then go to (lots of leg work)Copy stores
ask for any throw away paper.We would pick ours up monthly.Go to any and
all Frame and Art stores.Ask for scraps and remnants of Mattboards paper
ect. Tell people of your plight but don't sound to pathetic.Also see if
you are allowed to ask to send a note home asking for a dollar donation
or Art Fee whatever you want to call it.Next contact big Corporations in
your area see if you can get sponsorship and also copy machine paper
thats being recycled and Shredder paper for art craft projects ie
birds nests,hair whatever curly paper is used for.Also contact other
big corps beside Getty ie Disney. See if Artist's in your area would
want to come in and give a demonstrations ie paper making,bookbinding
pottery,animation,etc.They also would be able to help with suggestions
on supplies.Contact in house production companies they do computer
animation and video work. They would be valuable for documenting your
work or doing a demo on how a commercial is made. Which is good for a
field trip. My husband has school tours frequently.They might also be
able to lend video cameras if you do a project on making your own movie
etc. The smaller houses might not respond but bigger places would.
Contact the receptionist or Art Director.
Hope this helps.Maybe some of the smaller stores in the area could
sponcer you like a baseball team is sponsered. Also go to the Hardware
store another great place to find junk.They could contribute paint for a
mural.Call a Tv station they could show the wall and at the same time
mention how great a contribution would be.Don't forget printing places
in your search they are good for remnant inks but becareful of oil base
toxic ones.Check their dumpsters!

Sorry I went on and on,
Sandra