Re: Regional Crafts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John M. Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:10:27 -0500

Hi, having just moved from the Northwest I have learned a few things
from that region. The Northwest (lewis and Clark time)was inhabited
by Northwest Indians,of course many Mexicans also made it up also.
If you call the Children's Museum in Portland Oregon they have on
display at one corner of their lot a TeePee set up. They have handouts
of lesson(project ideas)which correlate with their exhibit. Iwas there
last spring and I also incorporated it into an Art lit lesson.I'm
sure several other museums in Washington and Alaska could help. It
definatly could be a social study and art lesson.I am also half Mexican
and have a lot of ideas and projects on that one. If you need any
suggestions I'd be glad to help. I'll give someone else a chance since I
seem to monopolize the discussion group.
Ps Just saw where you live. We use to live in La Grange. Chicago has a
Mexican Museum they also have children's Art lessons on Mexican Art and
the techniques used in Mexican Art. Call them they can help.Also they
give school tours.
Bye,Adios,
Sandra